Thursday, April 29, 2010

Get Involved

A small town with a small school means everybody knows everybody. And caring is in large abundance. It’s not uncommon for me to hear the teachers ask the students how their parents are, or how they did in an afterschool activity. My teacher is very involved in the community. To the extent that she pretty much knows every students home life and personality. This care that she gives out to the students really shines through. Anyone can tell that when my teacher asks the kids about something they are involved in other than school, they lighten up a bit and are excited to talk about whatever she is asking them. She has made clear to me that the best way to truly understand your students is to be active in the community in which they live in. Caring is how my teacher makes personal connections to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment