Thursday, April 29, 2010

On a Closing Note...

Welp, the semester is over and so is my observation time. Overall, the experience was wonderful! I can honestly say that I STILL want to be a physical education teacher! I enjoyed everything from meeting the students to learning the ins and outs from my teacher and from playing active games with the kids to having the experience of a lifetime. And even the not so enjoyable stuff like grades, hall duty and waking up early. At first, getting into a routine was a little difficult, but after a few times I stated to settle in and feel comfortable. By the end of my observation, I felt very confident and sure of what to do. I loved when the kids finally felt comfortable with me to come up and ask me questions about rules or how to do a tumbling move correctly. I really loved just being there and observing everything I possibly could. As my education teacher would say, you will learn wayyy more out there than you ever will in here. Needless to say, she was definitely right! This experience just further confirmed the fact that I want to pursue physical education as a career.
ps. This is not the end of my blog... just the end of the beginning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment